Welcome to CS Students' Online Club. Our MISSION: "To create a online network of budding governance professionals". Our VISION: "To be a leading network of governance professionals, providing scope for knowledge and career development".

CSoC Members Count:
Latest topics
» Past Question Papers of CS Executive / Professional / Foundation Exam Upto December 2016 Session
Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 0:11 by rchgiri

» Direct & Indirect Tax Laws Updates & Select Cases for CS Executive/Professional December 2016 Examination
Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 16:59 by rchgiri

» Financial Treasury and Forex Management>Past Questions of 60 marks>CS Professional
Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 9:45 by rchgiri

» CS EP NS P2 Cost & Management Accounting > MCQ
Sat 8 Oct 2016 - 17:57 by rchgiri

» CS Professional / Executive Programme Guideline Answers upto June 2016 Exam
Sun 28 Aug 2016 - 16:49 by rchgiri

» Tips on "How To Face An Interview & Career Planning"
Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 9:55 by rchgiri

» SEBI Act, Rules, Regulations, etc.
Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:48 by rchgiri

» CS Dinesh Chandra Arora, New Secretary of ICSI
Thu 21 Jul 2016 - 15:34 by Club CEO

» Online Learning of CS Executive coaching classes
Wed 11 May 2016 - 23:11 by raviesm

» Service tax Reverse Charge Mechanism.
Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:51 by siva004

» Service tax credit on step ladder repair
Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:37 by siva004

» CS Mamta Binani elected as New President of ICSI & CS Shyam Agarwal elected as New Vice-President of ICSI for 2015-16
Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 12:08 by Club CEO

» CS PP Old Syllabus: P4: CRI: Questions & Answers >> Correct or Incorrect:
Sun 13 Dec 2015 - 20:28 by rchgiri

» The Companies Act, 2013: The Rules made thereunder, Circulars & Notifications Issued by MCA
Sat 5 Dec 2015 - 12:42 by rchgiri

» New CSoC Face Portal
Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 9:01 by Club CEO

» CS Trainees / Jobs
Wed 23 Sep 2015 - 14:36 by rchgiri

» General Notice to Club Members & Well-Wishers
Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 15:36 by Club CEO

» online coaching for cs professional old syllabus
Sun 6 Sep 2015 - 13:41 by rchgiri

» Automatic Switchover To Professional (New Syllabus 2012) From December, 2016 Session
Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 15:49 by rchgiri

» Can anybody tell Main object clause for Manufacture of machinery of Polyurethanes industry.
Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 14:59 by parul5986

Top posters
rchgiri (1527)

Club CEO (1158)

praveen999 (691)

Soundharya (591)

mione (424)

lalitha.purohit (283)

j.padiya (277)

Preetpal Singh (219)

Aswathy (193)

SANJAY SHARMA (176)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rchgiri

CSoC King
CSoC King
Dear Friends,

Please find the following link

http://www.siliconindia.com/news/startups/Entrepreneurial-Lessons-from-Yuvraj-Singh-and-His-Come-Back-nid-128977-cid-100.html

which states "Entrepreneurial Lessons from Yuvraj Singh and His Come Back"

“Zindagi Abhi Baaki Hai”, the forthcoming TV series about Yuvraj Singh’s cancer survival has been aptly titled so. The quote which translates to “There is more to life” fits to the poster boy of Indian Cricket who was welcomed with the loudest cheer on the field on 11th September 2012 by thousands of frenzy fans. The big screen illuminated with the message “Welcome Back, Yuvi”.

Yuvraj Singh’s career was all but over a few months ago when he was diagnosed with a rare germ cell cancer. He fought it hard for months and returned in style scoring 34 off 26. His successful battle with cancer and his comeback has a lot to teach young entrepreneurs whose struggles are no less than that of Yuvi.

1. Love What You Do
An entrepreneur enters this field for financial gain, stability, to bring a change and most importantly personal satisfaction. So if you don't enjoy what you're doing it will be reflected in the success of your business. In fact, chances are you won't succeed. An entrepreneur must really love what he/she is doing in such a way that it does not appear to be hard work, but rather something they enjoy and want to do.

This can learnt from Yuvraj Singh who just couldn’t wait to step on the field and get started while he was under-going diagnosis. He worked very hard in the last three-four months to get his body back in shape and fit. He said in an interview, “Motive was to save my life. Cricket is my life. When I was battling cancer, I thought if I came out of this, I would definitely play for India. And that kept motivating me. I used to watch matches where India was playing.”

2. Be An Inspiration
The ability to inspire people to reach great heights of performance and success is a skill that entrepreneurs need. And this can come from passion, purpose and listening. The ability to communicate that passion, purpose and meaning to your team and others helps you to establish the inspirational culture of your organization.

Yuvraj Singh after winning the battle against cancer in real life will be seen in a documentary series “Zindagi Abhi Baki Hai”. The three-part series will depict his fight against the dreaded 'C' and how he came out as a winner.

Yuvraj Singh said describing about the show which will air on Colors channel, “The documentary is a reflection of what a cancer patient goes through. I wanted it to be documented as I wanted it to be an inspiration for those who live in denial. It is my story. I want everyone to live their life all over again.”

3. Be Positive
Entrepreneurs must look at everything positively. This is necessary as it helps to have a good frame of mind and does not let you to get discouraged. Being positive is a trait that can be nurtured and developed. It gives you the strength to try again after a setback. Your chances of success will be much greater if you are filled with positivity.

Yuvraj was happy-go-lucky kind of person before cancer life. He admits getting negative thoughts while hospitalized but tackled them bravely.

He said, “Yes there were times when I used to have some negative thoughts. It was difficult I was not sure whether I will survive but I was positive that I will come out of it. One day my doctor said I have seen all your tests you are doing really well you have shown lot of courage when you will walk out of this hospital you will be a man who never had cancer. It was very motivating and inspiring to me what doctors told me so that made me more positive.”

4. Get A Mentor
Yuvraj Singh received tremendous support while undergoing three cycles of chemotherapy from Lance Armstrong, the cycling champ who also survived cancer and made a mark in his sport. The inspiration he got directly from Armstrong and his autobiography accelerated Yuvi’s recovery and he was back in the Indian colours quicker than anyone expected. Armstrong came so close to Yuvraj Singh that he sent him a message a few months ago which read – “Go, Yuvi!”

A mentor like Armstrong is someone with more experience than you who serves as a trusted person over an extended period of time. Since you are working solo, you do not have a boss. A mentor at such times is a good consultant and emotional support. You get to learn a lot from their experience more quickly and easily. So, considering the unlimited rewards without any risks, every entrepreneur must have a mentor.

5. Prepare Yourself and Give 100%
Entrepreneurship demands much more commitment than any other profession. It is not a cakewalk. The career graph is like a sine wave showing a lot of crests and troughs. Before starting your own venture, one must understand that there are no guarantees and luck will certainly influence the results. So you should prepare yourself completely and then give your 100% as this will give you the very best chance to succeed.

After getting diagnosed, Yuvraj stated that he would return only when full fit. He said, “I don’t want to rush and I don’t want to come back at 75 percent fitness. I might take six months. I might take two months. But the day I feel 100 percent, I will be back, surely.” This clarity of thought has helped the hero of India’s 2011 World Cup triumph make his way to where he belongs in the Indian line-up.

6. It’s All About Attitude
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference”.

Everyone is aware of this quote by Winston Churchill but, only a few actually realise its importance and follow it. Many entrepreneurs have the same traits. The key to beat the others and come up is defined in the mind and attitude. This is true in sports, politics, arts and business.

While battling the cancer in Boston, there was nothing on Yuvraj Singh’s mind but survival. He needed more than just medical treatment and closed ones’ prayers to fight it, and that’s where his attitude must have functioned as a catalyst. The way his body spoke in the field yesterday shows that he is not just back but more driven and hungry than ever before.

Likewise, many business shortcomings can be conquered with the good attitude. An entrepreneur must take time to work on that.

I hope the above qualities would definitely boost us to build a great success in our professional life.

Have a nice day.

Soundharya

CSoC Master
CSoC Master
Wonderful post sir !!

Source of inspiration!Thank you ..

Last edited by Soundharya on Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 16:14; edited 1 time in total

https://sounds-takeonit.blogspot.com

Nishakejriwal

CSoC Smart User
CSoC Smart User
Great Posting Sir.... Really an inspirational article.
Thank you..

Club CEO

CSoC King
CSoC King
Good contribution....keep it up nice work

http://www.csstudentsclub.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum