Welcome to CS Students' Online Club. Our MISSION: "To create a online network of budding governance professionals". Our VISION: "To be a leading network of governance professionals, providing scope for knowledge and career development".

CSoC Members Count:
Latest topics
» Past Question Papers of CS Executive / Professional / Foundation Exam Upto December 2016 Session
Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 0:11 by rchgiri

» Direct & Indirect Tax Laws Updates & Select Cases for CS Executive/Professional December 2016 Examination
Wed 11 Jan 2017 - 16:59 by rchgiri

» Financial Treasury and Forex Management>Past Questions of 60 marks>CS Professional
Thu 5 Jan 2017 - 9:45 by rchgiri

» CS EP NS P2 Cost & Management Accounting > MCQ
Sat 8 Oct 2016 - 17:57 by rchgiri

» CS Professional / Executive Programme Guideline Answers upto June 2016 Exam
Sun 28 Aug 2016 - 16:49 by rchgiri

» Tips on "How To Face An Interview & Career Planning"
Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 9:55 by rchgiri

» SEBI Act, Rules, Regulations, etc.
Mon 1 Aug 2016 - 14:48 by rchgiri

» CS Dinesh Chandra Arora, New Secretary of ICSI
Thu 21 Jul 2016 - 15:34 by Club CEO

» Online Learning of CS Executive coaching classes
Wed 11 May 2016 - 23:11 by raviesm

» Service tax Reverse Charge Mechanism.
Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:51 by siva004

» Service tax credit on step ladder repair
Mon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:37 by siva004

» CS Mamta Binani elected as New President of ICSI & CS Shyam Agarwal elected as New Vice-President of ICSI for 2015-16
Tue 19 Jan 2016 - 12:08 by Club CEO

» CS PP Old Syllabus: P4: CRI: Questions & Answers >> Correct or Incorrect:
Sun 13 Dec 2015 - 20:28 by rchgiri

» The Companies Act, 2013: The Rules made thereunder, Circulars & Notifications Issued by MCA
Sat 5 Dec 2015 - 12:42 by rchgiri

» New CSoC Face Portal
Thu 8 Oct 2015 - 9:01 by Club CEO

» CS Trainees / Jobs
Wed 23 Sep 2015 - 14:36 by rchgiri

» General Notice to Club Members & Well-Wishers
Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 15:36 by Club CEO

» online coaching for cs professional old syllabus
Sun 6 Sep 2015 - 13:41 by rchgiri

» Automatic Switchover To Professional (New Syllabus 2012) From December, 2016 Session
Thu 3 Sep 2015 - 15:49 by rchgiri

» Can anybody tell Main object clause for Manufacture of machinery of Polyurethanes industry.
Wed 2 Sep 2015 - 14:59 by parul5986

Top posters
rchgiri (1527)

Club CEO (1158)

praveen999 (691)

Soundharya (591)

mione (424)

lalitha.purohit (283)

j.padiya (277)

Preetpal Singh (219)

Aswathy (193)

SANJAY SHARMA (176)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Buy Back Regulations on Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 11:39

Mihir

Hi my name is mihir and I m CS Student

The following is my query please reply me on mbp2406@gmail.com

If buy-back is u/s. 77A of the Companies act I.e. 25% of paid-up capital plus free reserve using the Stock Exchange Mechanizam

a Board resolution is passed subject to the shareholder approval through postal Ballot.

Do we still require to file the said Board Resolution with SEBI and Stock Exchange within Two days of passing said resolution under regualtion 5A(2)of the Buy-back Regulations? or

we have to file only special resolution passed through postal ballot with SEBI within 7 days as per Regulation 5(2)of the Buy-back Regulations ?

2 Re: Buy Back Regulations on Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 15:52

raghu.rama

CSoC Smart User
CSoC Smart User
Dear Khan

Please read the following information which i got after reading the
THE GAZETTE OF INDIA
EXTRAORDINARY
PART III - SECTION 4
PUBLISHED BY AUTHORITY
BOMBAY
THE 14TH DAY OF NOVEMBER 1998
NOTIFICATION

SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA
(BUY BACK OF SECURITIES) REGULATIONS, 1998

Buy Back through stock exchange

A company shall buy-back its [61] [shares or other specified securities] through the stock exchange as provided hereunder;

(a) The special resolution referred to in regulation 5 [62] [or the resolution passed by the Board of Directors at its meeting as referred to in regulation 5A] shall specify the maximum price at which the buy-back shall be made;

(b) The buy-back of the [63] [shares or other specified securities] shall not be made from the promoters or persons in control of the company;

(c) The company shall appoint a merchant banker and make a public announcement as referred to in regulation 8;

(d) The public announcement shall be made at least seven days prior to the commencement of buy-back;

(e) A copy of the public announcement shall be filed with the Board within two days of such announcement along with the fees as specified in schedule IV;

(f) The public announcement shall also contain disclosures regarding details of the brokers and stock exchanges through which the buy-back of [64] [shares or other specified securities] would be made;

(g) [65][The buy-back shall be made only on stock exchanges having nationwide trading terminals]

(h) The buy-back of [66] [shares or other specified securities] shall be made only through the order matching mechanism except ‘all or none’ order matching system;

(i)[67][ The company and the merchant banker shall submit the information regarding the shares or other specified securities bought- back to the stock exchange on a daily basis and publish the said information in a national daily on a fortnightly basis and every time when an additional five per cent of the buy back has been completed.

Provided that where there is no buy back during a particular period the company and the Merchant Banker shall not be required to publish the details in a national daily.]

(j) The identity of the company as a purchaser shall appear on the electronic screen when the order is placed.

As you are telling that Board Resolution had passed , if it is Board Resolution see the following procedure

Board resolution

5A (1) A company, authorized by a resolution passed by the Board of Directors at its meeting to buy back its securities under first proviso to clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 77A of the Companies Act, 1965 as inserted by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2001, may buy back its securities subject to the following conditions:

(a) before making a public announcement under sub-regulation (1) of regulation 8 a public notice shall be given in at least one English national daily, one Hindi national daily and a regional language daily, all with wide circulation at the place where the registered office of the company is situated;

(b) the public notice, shall be given within 2 days of the passing of the resolution by the Board of Directors;

(c) the public notice shall contain the disclosures as specific in Schedule I.

(2) A copy of the resolution, passed by the Board of Directors at its meeting authorizing buy back of its securities, shall be filed with the Board and the stock exchanges, where the securities of the company are listed, within two days of the date of the passing of the resolution.]

In case of Special Resolution

5 (1) For the purposes of passing a special resolution under sub-section (2) of section 77A of the Companies Act, the explanatory statement to be annexed to the notice for the general meeting pursuant to section 173 of the Companies Act shall contain disclosures as specified in schedule I. A copy of the resolution passed at the general meeting under sub-section

(2) A copy of the resolution passed at the General meeting under sub - section (2) of section 77A of the Companies Act, shall be filed with the Board and the stock exchanges where the [specified securities] of the company are listed, within seven days from the date of passing of the resolution.

seniors Correct me if i am wrong

Last edited by raghu.rama on Wed 22 Jun 2011 - 16:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For adding additional information)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum